µTorrent 1.3.2-beta build 401

Firon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far 395 is working pretty well for me on my 9x system, overall. Not sure about the round robbin thing though. I have not downloaded / uploaded more than a few torrents at a time. I should try to find some good test torrents and saturate it and see if it cuts of Internet access for other stuff as opposed to the 50% method.

I just wanted to post that the :Cookie: uid pass system is working perfectly for the private torrent feeds I put in uTorrent.

My only "problem" remaining with the RSS feature is that it can't yet handle M***nova's RSS feeds. Their feeds point to the webpage not the .torrent but in their forum they state that some rss readers should be able to spot the link to the torrent in the html page and download it. Just because this is a popular site for users, I thought it would be useful to have it supported by the reader.

Thanks Firon for answering that. One other question I had about RSS is how uTorrent formats the feed titles. I have in my favorites something like "The Show" but I have one feed where all the titles are formatted with periods so "The.Show". Is is possible to get uTorrent to format feed names to remove the periods between names or is there a wildcard setting I could do to achieve that automatically? I hope I was clear.

In the logger window, the "Banned" messages have boxes (placeholders for unprintable characters) rather than IP addresses after them. I'm running build 398.

I can confirm this.. also under 398.

and why is it banning more than once..? I guess these are the same two IPs..

banned2rl.jpg

I think a minor addition is needed on RSS - add a capability to activate only one download of a particular episode in a session:

What I mean is this - I have defined multiple RSS feeds. Sometimes, more then one feed includes a new episode. I want to auto-download only ONE of them, since they are similar. Currently - the auto-loader download all of them.

I suggest to have a check-box to enable the user to download the first one detected. Is it possible ?

BTW - a similar mechanism is available in TVTAD and works great.

Edit:

Same logic may apply to "formats" - you should be able to download one of the formats selected (|)

can someone please confirm this? if you are already downloading a torrent, then find another one with the same content file name, µtorrent asks if you want to add trackers from new torrent. but then it does not add any.

Yes, happened to me once, but then when I double checked, both torrents had the same tracker.

Probably not, no. What may get implemented is cache header support, since the feeds specify the update interval sometimes.

That would be good. I remember in Azureus, I thought I could change the check time (I confirmed I can't, at least for certain TV feeds anyway), but I believe the particular plugin uses cache header support. The VTV and EZTV feeds are refreshed every 5 minutes. In TVTAD, it can be changed anywhere from 5 minutes minimum, and up for any TV RSS feed.

I think a minor addition is needed on RSS - add a capability to activate only one download of a particular episode in a session:

What I mean is this - I have defined multiple RSS feeds. Sometimes, more then one feed includes a new episode. I want to auto-download only ONE of them, since they are similar. Currently - the auto-loader download all of them.

I suggest to have a check-box to enable the user to download the first one detected. Is it possible ?

BTW - a similar mechanism is available in TVTAD and works great.

I have the same setup and agree that this would be a very useful feature for RSS to avoid duplicate downloads.

Archived