µTorrent 1.3.2-beta build 401

Firon

I have the following problem (it started with 1.3 version)... after I stop all torrents (usually 4), the program exits and after 1-2 seconds my computer completely freezes and the only solution left is to restart the computer using the reset button (ctrl+alt+del doesn't work). When I start utorrent again the program always checks all the torrents. I've never had this problem until 1.3 version.

I'm using preset preferences and I have a Pentium III, OS WinME, no firewall, no antivirus.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kazuaki: Were you running torrents at the time?

If I weren't running torrents, I'd WANT my computer to sleep when I close the lid, would I :D

I was running three of them, and all of them were getting flow up and down too. Not a LOT by some of the stories here (my max effective upload is about 60KB/s, and even with a strong torrent I can only get about 60-80KB/s down on a good day; I had flows of over 150KB/s about 3 times in my BitTorrent using life and none of them lasted over 20mins, and flows of over 100KB/s are rare too).

So far, I'm up to 3 total failures (with torrents running, of course) and 1 partial failure as described in my last post (with the torrents running). That was when I gave up, got into the Power settings, and told the computer to do NOTHING when I close the lid (disabling the feature).

Thanks for this great new version of µTorrent. I've been trying the RSS feature and have noticed that µTorrent does not create a subdirectory (named after the torrent file with the .torrent extension removed) for multi-file torrents when they are automatically downloaded by a favorites filter. This causes a file-sharing error when a file with the same name is included in more than one torrent. For example, all Rocketboom (a daily video blog) torrents include the file LICENSE.txt:

http://www.prodigem.com/torrents/rss/rocketboom.xml

If more than one torrent is automatically started at the same time (like right after creating a favorites filter), the first torrent to start will successfully create the LICENSE.txt file but all the following torrents will get a file sharing error trying to open the file for writing. Plus there's the potential for future problems if the contents of the LICENSE.txt file change, causing incorrect data to be seeded.

I have the following problem (it started with 1.3 version)... after I stop all torrents (usually 4), the program exits and after 1-2 seconds my computer completely freezes and the only solution left is to restart the computer using the reset button (ctrl+alt+del doesn't work). When I start utorrent again the program always checks all the torrents. I've never had this problem until 1.3 version.

I'm using preset preferences and I have a Pentium III, OS WinME, no firewall, no antivirus.

I have experienced it also here - on PIII Win98 ,but also in previous versions. It seems that it happens only after exiting DLs with 150-300 connections.

Superseeding is *still* broken in this release (380) - see http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3047 . Basically, peers get to 99.9% complete, but never actually finish until you manually switch out of Superseeding.

It's been broken since 1.2.2 - please,please,please can this be fixed? I really like µtorrent, but I'm stuck on 1.2 because I upload a lot of my own material.

Superseeding is *still* broken in this release (380) - see http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3047 . Basically, peers get to 99.9% complete, but never actually finish until you manually switch out of Superseeding.

It's been broken since 1.2.2 - please,please,please can this be fixed? I really like µtorrent, but I'm stuck on 1.2 because I upload a lot of my own material.

Are you sure.

Coz I done an upload over 8gb with µtorrent 1.3 turned on superseed and runs well without any probs here ?

Had several upload with superseeding on, got till now none error :-?

--- 2005-12-23: Version 1.3.1-beta (build 374)

- Fix: Lower DNS caching time.

Can you tell how long it currently it's set at? I know several other posts have asked for a way to allow the user to adjust or disable this 'feature'. Is DNS Cache set to expire in hours or days? I know it's still more then 30 mins. Causes update problems for trackers that updates their ip.

I know you wrote:

It takes a while for the IP to update in the DDNS entry (30-60 minutes usually)

Does that mean uTorrent will flush it's DNS cache every 30-60 mins?

Thanks

there seems to be a problem with 384. It connects to people very slowly,

took like 5 minutes to connect to 2 seeders and 7 peers.

But when I reverted back to 380, I immediately connected to 9 seeds and 24 Peers.

Maybe it because of this:

- Fix: Connect to peers in a round-robin fashion when multiple torrents are active.

I am so happy with this release, For the first time I'm actually seeing fast(150's down 40's up) on a CONSISTANT basis not the seemingly odd swing up and down of speeds. Once again it has exceeded My expectations by a large amount. Keep up the outstanding work We all appreciate the seemingly exponential growth of µTorrent's features! It seems if I blink there is a new beta....and of course have to try it!

--- 2005-12-23: Version 1.3.1-beta (build 374)

- Feature: Added-On column

I like this, but was wondering if there is a possibility to format the date/time in this column?

"Mon Jan 02 17:45:37 2006" looks a bit weird to me (and I would like to make it smaller).

Thanks for this great client!

Or how about your system time, which you can set in regional options, so that it's consistent with the rest of the system.

I agree. µTorrent should use the System Time --- whatever the System Time is formatted to. In my case, I have set it to ISO 8601 standard date/time format: http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/popstds/datesandtime.html

Thanks for the support :)

I looked a bit through the forums, and it seems that this feature (Date column) was mostly requested for being able to sort the torrents by date. For this the ISO 8601 format YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss would be most suitable.

So I think it should be formatted in one of these ways (descending order):

1. User-definable (with variables) - would be nice, but perhaps not worth the effort.

2. YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss - good for sorting, and you can adjust the column width to just see the date.

3. System short date format + " " + System time format - good for looking but in most cases probably not for sorting.

Archived