µTorrent 1.3.2-beta build 401

Firon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's not on the download page but it's on the first post of this thread

can you add the change log list to the first post too ? (and/or a link to it)

edit:

BTW - about RSS - on the "releases" tab - it would help if you could see an additional column (symbol-flag) indicating the "favorite" ones that were moved to "history" and downloaded .

Also a local filter (=search) on that tab can help.

:D => :(

BTW(2) - what is the development environment used for uTorrent ? language ? C ? C++ ? both ?

@Firon, I gave ludde some code yesterday (on IRC) for the RSS windcard search support.

Here is another one, that I think might be faster/better. Can you please pass this to him ?

http://www.codeproject.com/string/wildcmp.asp

There are also a few solutions to regex support over here, that might be useful:

http://www.codeproject.com/string/#Regular+Expressions

B393 -

I think icon handling - is ALMOST fixed. Double-left-click IS bringing uT up front, but single-right-click should only bring up the menu, and it seems that it also does pop up uT ...

BTW(3)

It's not 10k if HE codes it

I thing he might be reconsidering his approach ... give him the wildcard code link ...

dag nam it >_< downloaded 1.4GB torrent with .390, but now the files are gone because it didn't save it anywhere due to the settings bug >_< *shakes angry pants at you* oh well, time to download it again :<

EDIT: oh thank the lord i found the files, for some unknown reason they were in "program files/mozilla firefox" and apparently set as hidden ....what the hell :s

Good point Firon, but talking about adding multiple torrents i have a bug.

If i select a group of torrent files in windows explorer and open them then i get multiple instances of utorrent. So lets say i select/highlight three torrents, then right click on the selection and press open. I get three instances of Utorrent, instead of three instances of the add torrent dialog in one utorrent window.

Is this a bug in utorrent, or a limitation in the way windows is using the open command for groups of files opened at same time?

@Firon: yes my torrent files are associated with UTorrent. You can try it yourself as i have this problem on any machine. Surely someone else can confirm this.

3: When connecting to a swarm which maxes out bandwidth, I notice that µTorrent doesn't drop sources. If I'm downloading at a full 250 or 500 KB/s (maxed out), then I think really slow sources should be dropppd (< 1KB/s).

I can understand about wanting to kick people off if you are maxing out your connections but not your bandwidth, but why do you care what they are giving you if your bandwidth itself is maxed out?

uTorrent is supposed to drop totally inactive guys if it needs the connection. But I'm relatively new and I already think Ludde doesn't want to implement something that would kick away guys that are merely slow - same reason why we are never likely to have a conveniently placed "Kick and Ban" switch.

Kicking and banning is not the way to look at it. Byt the simple fact is, the less connections I need, the more efficient. And I don't need those <1KB/s connections, but some slower users (dial-up or budget broadband) may be happy with it. In the above case, faster peers/seeds will need to create extra uploadslots, because even though they could send me 30 / 50 KB/s, they can't since I'm maxed out and hence send me only 10 - 20 KB/s.

So, I'm no talking about kicking and banning people, I'm talking about using the least amount of connections to fill my download. Less connections is more efficient and I think it may also reduce the wasted bandwidth a bit. Because Bittorrent more or less looks like a pyramid (at least in the first stages of a swarms lifetime), any gains in efficiency with perpetuate.

B 393: RSS problem -

Can it be that it is not working any more ?

Favorite: "Stargate SG-1"

Feed: "EZTV |http://tvrss.net/sources/eztv_m/"

format : all

I'll do some more checking...

Edit:

After I deleted the old RSS favorite and auto-re-inserted it from the releases tab it worked !!!???

It turned out that there was a 'space' (" ") after the end of the string in the release name. W/O it - it did not find the torrent.

Looks to me that it is now sensitive to the exact string ?! is it so ?

B 393: RSS problem -

Can it be that it is not working any more ?

Favorite: "Stargate SG-1"

Feed: "EZTV |http://tvrss.net/sources/eztv_m/"

format : all

I'll do some more checking...

exactly, same problem here! additionally to the problems with episode selection mentioned by me couple of pages before...

@Defender - see my edit above ...

for "XXX ":

"XXX " works

"XXX" does not

"XXX*" works

Ok, that solves this part. Thanks!

I didn't notice the absence of the checkbox "start of the torrent's name" that was there in the previous betas...

Anyway, the episode selection still doesn't work for me at all. Can't understand that I seem to be the only one...

regards

Archived