Show the number of selected torrents in status bar

look at Windows explorer - for the total # selected - they use the most left corner (good for us). For total sizes - they use the more to the right position. I suggest the position left to the DHT nodes.

edit:

oh, and when you select a single item - they display more data on it, which is not a bad idea for us too. - Display the torrent added/completed on times, size etc... usually those are on the far right side and you (I) have to scroll to see them. This way you don't have to scroll.

and if you want to be perfect - let the use define what he like to see in the status line... :)

edit(2):

oh, and if nothing is selected you show total #/DLing/Seeding + total sizes/total DLing-size/etc... (or total or remaning DLed/seeded size)

you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I say - yes - it's a good idea and not bloat, it's info that makes life more convenient (no scrolling etc). No totals are in the list view. Also Windows explorer sets most of the standards here... so why not in the status bas as well ? ... :P

I just want to be able to quickly see how many torrents I am seeding! Manually counting is really annoying (when you have 20+ seeding torrents...)... I just want to go to Completed label, select the torrents I am seeding, and see the number of selected torrents in the far left status bar! :)

Some of rafi ideias would be nice too.

... right but TBQH, you have the tray icon which already shows your global total, and if you're only displaying a subset of it it's not a large task to count by hand is it? Especially with the alternate-colouring in the listview. You may be in a pickle as far as only selecting "Completed" in the category pane. As it is, you only have the active vs. inactive ways to distinguish, therefore if you've got 20 actively seeding torrents but only 8 are transferring data, you either have the option of only showing the 8 actively transferring or ALL completed torrents :/

Archived