WebUI And Query String Variables

Bletchley

Cross posted from the irc channel:

The webui works fine for me. I've also intalled the iphone webui, which, for its purpose, also works. However, I'm working on modding the iphone UI to add a "one-touch" torrent addition that gets the torrent from the query string. The only problem is, when any querystring variable is added, the page fails to render. This is also the same for the standard web-client.

As an example: http://someserver:1337/gui/index.html?foo=bar

The page renders nothing.

Is this intentional, or am I doing something wrong?

What I'm asking is... is there anyway to define my own parameters?

edit:

Or better yet... WHY does it fail to render? I understand that it accepts certain parameters, but why, if I give it a parameter it doesn't understand, does it fail?

index.html takes no parameters. It is the default landing page. I haven't coded any front end for webUI; I only use it so you'll have to look at the APIs that are already there (in various formats) to see whether it's a global phenomenon or just because you aren't giving it valid data. Remember, GIGO.

I see no logical reason why if you give it gibberish it should work like you gave it a properly formatted query. You weren't even interacting with the webui. That's on /gui/

Archived