Port forwarded properly but no incomming connections

d_headshot

I followed all the steps, I checked 5 times, and when I run the port test it says that my port isn't open. The torrent I'm using has worked very well before and there are alot of seeds and peers so why isn't it downloading? The icon at the bottom is always yellow too.

Uploaded some pictures:

21ow9.png

22il7.png

23tm5.png

24he4.png

25eq1.png

26ny2.png

Any. The most recent version still is 2.4.0 I think. Just click the boxes for the windows english 2.4.0 version and see if it downloads, check the Peers tab "Flags" column for "I", which says they are incoming. Then do a port test. Sometimes routers/firewalls will report as closed when the port is not in use.

I got it working now. I changed the last number "1" to "102" because that's what my ip was. I tried setting up a static ip but I couldn't view any webpages so I just reset the settings to my network connections. Does it matter if the end number isn't in the 149-155 range?

If you set a static IP, if should be in the 150-254 range. The address you have, might change because it's automatic. When it changes, your port forwarding won't work till you change that address. A static address wont change. What went wrong with setting the static IPA? If you can't figure it out, take a screenshot of what addresses you entered.

I'll take some screenshots soon. When I changed and set the static ip, I couldn't view any webpages so I just reset the info and checked "automatically obtain ip".

Edit: Changed my static ip and things seem to be working. But the only numbers at the end I got were from 136-140.

Is this while only downloading? Or D + U? If you're uploading too high it may be choking the download. Additionally even though you either have "E" or " " encrypted connections, it's possible you're still shaped by the ISP somewhere.

What's your rated downspeed? Are you uploading consistently @ 30, and 70 when not downloading?

Archived