EXFAT and Utorrent

tec

well right now everything seems good, no stuck recheck:)

it seems to happen if utorrent gets closed suddenly and files try to recheck and the closed again, i think so anyway.

srry, i can´t give dump right now cause it was all lot of trouble with a lot of files (all recheck), so i hope i can count on anyone else:)

Didn't get to test it, forgot to put a torrent and data where I could reach it, was worried about messing up my XP install by "getting permission", and forgot my wireless card driver :D. (Ubuntu works with my card out of the box, not Vista!)

jewelisheaven: Requested data upon fresh formatting:

exFAT:

Used: 229,376 bytes

Free: 21,471,461,376 bytes

NTFS:

Used: 94,543,872 bytes

Free: 21,381,337,088 bytes

When quick formatting, exFAT is faster.

tec: if it just freezes on checking, you can create a crashdump. Don't know about doing so on Vista (yet), task manager works I've heard.

The fault tolerance, for loosing power? I have a UPS if you'll recall :P. At the time you asked, I didn't test, it was late, and I couldn't get online without swapping my Win XP drive in :P. But now I'm online with Vista, both drives installed, booting Vista by using the bios boot menu... and my CD/DVD burner is connected using an external adapter..

Anyway, playing with general re-checking, and forced re-checking due to improper closure, no problems right now, still killing µT periodically. The thread starters problem was probably environmental :/.

Archived