not connectable?

01bandit

I just made some changes to my computer, new motherboard and processor, and re-installed windows xp. Before the changes my download speeds although not blazingly fast, were OK, sometimes up to 175 KB/s and the green icon was on showing good connection. Since the changes the yellow icon stays on and then changes to red showing "not connectable a firewall/router is limiting your network traffic"

Windows firewall is checked to allow utorrent and I have tried shutting down the firewall which made no change. My internet connection is direct into the computer with no router/modem. Speed test shows download speed just under 3 meg/second and I have set the download with utorrent at 200KB/s and upload speed while downloading at 10/KBs, which is what they were before reinstalling xp. Net max half open hacked and set at 50. Any ideas as to what may be causing the connection problems?

TCPIP patch was used to allow max half-open change. I just spoke with the internet provider regarding my static IP address and they said they are having problems in that area and they have assigned a dynamic address till tomorrow afternoon. Maybe thats were the problem is? No time today to get into any real depth as far as providing the logs you mentioned. Based on the conversation with my internet provider I am thinking the problem lies on that end and will check things out further tomorrow.

On your current connection, try downloading one of the http://slackware.com/torrents/ for 1-3 minutes. If it works, great, see what happens after their outage is over. If not, you need to look at your setup? If your start->run->cmd /k ipconfig is 10.x.x.x 172.16.x.x or 192.168.x.x then indeed you have little control over connectability and can try UPnP or NAT-PMP to see if their hardware will work with you. If not, then you're OOL.

there was a problem on internet providers end with static IP which has been fixed and I'm now good to go!! Dont ask me to explain what or how, Im not too computer savy, but life is good and I show good connection. Thanx fella's for the tips and help!

Archived