[toolbar] Simple.big

Determination

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the assist MrCoke. I don't really have the time to make variants for every minimal edit (centering can be done in Paint with no skills required.) This is a perfect solution: you had a need, you took care of it, and now you are sharing :D

It took me 3 hours to update my releases for 1.1.5, and another ~2 for 1.1.7 and I didn't even get to all of them. :( Just think: Simple.big has 4 different variants alone... then there's AG that has another 4 variants (if I ever get around to making the other color schemes), and Scrawl that I haven't even updated yet.

Ludde needs to stop adding icons, it's killing us designers! :P

Good idea MrCoke! I don't like the shadows though, so here's the shadowless no text version centered:

toolbar.png

hueson: I agree, if I were in charge, these would be the defaults. I think they would appeal to people better in general than the current icons. But I'm not in charge, so I'm just glad we can change them easily! I wish there was a non-exe-packed version of the executable available so that we could replace the program icon too though, I really hate it.

Good idea MrCoke! I don't like the shadows though, so here's the shadowless no text version centered:

toolbar.png

hueson: I agree, if I were in charge, these would be the defaults. I think they would appeal to people better in general than the current icons. But I'm not in charge, so I'm just glad we can change them easily! I wish there was a non-exe-packed version of the executable available so that we could replace the program icon too though, I really hate it.

nice vithos, that centered shadowless toolbar is now my skin of choice. nevertheless, i don't think uTorrent should leave its current one-exe-only policy. i love programs that are just like that, much like media player classic is, which i must recommend to any uTorrent enthusiast. however, i do agree the actual systray icon is not the best. i would go for a version similar to these sets. in fact, i think i'll do it right now myself. maybe the developers even like it. :rolleyes:

let's see.. maybe sth like this? utorrentexe0gr.png

if they like it i can give it a try with higher resolutions. :o

.ico file available at http://anhdres.com/stuff/utorrent.ico

it's only the 16x16 XP with alpha version, it looks cool here, even at 32x32 or sth, if you like it the oldschool pixelated way... ;) It has shadow!

gimme your opinion if you like it. if you don't, don't. only possitive feedback and suggestions allowed, hehe. :D

oh ok, i know what you mean. i wouldn't do that anyway because it would get replaced each time utorrent updates itself, and (thanks to its devoted developers!) that is really frecuent. but i thought it would be nice just to present them the choice and graphics so they choose freely what they like. i'm not very worried for the shortcut icon, cos that can be easily replaced for any of our choice, but at least three 16x16 systray icons to choose is nice, much like winamp does. it's the little icon we see all day down there!

have you seen the one i just did at utorrentexe0gr.png ?

Archived