Error: Access is denied.

Jack Allison

I've just converted my HD to NTFS, and started downloading the files I've been trying to download for ages now. Then it says Error: Access is denied...

I'm not sure if it's still converting to NTFS.

Don't understand a word on the FAQs... :-s

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

I had an issue with this error on a torrent I was trying to download this morning. I read through another thread here that talked about other processes keeping files open etc, was not my issue.

I restarted my PC in the vain hope that would do something, and was about to delete all the !ut files from the torrent directory when I noticed that a number of these were read only. I turned off the read only flag - problem solved.

Not sure if it's what your problem is, but it worked for me.

Indeed, it depends whether the problem is caused by permissions or software access. I bet if you checked on your D: drive you'd see something about that folder was keeping you from writing to it. For instance in Vista you can't use %PROGRAM FILES% for storage due to the UAC override required for ANY changes in it (It was fun making a self-contained uT there-- 1 prompt per file move/rename)

hi

newbee here. everytime i download something - it says access denied. checked the forum on solutions and nothing works. don't have google/msn desktop. my computer is Hp pavilion desktop with preinstall vista home premium and have norton antivirus, firewall exemptions to bittorrent and also turned off windows firewall.

please help

Archived