Can't browse the internet when downloading at slow speeds in µtorrent

Nertip

So, I got 8mbit down and 2.4mbit up, isp is not limiting my bandwidth, i know this since i downloaded about 200GB in a week, anyhow... This issue that I'm having started a few days ago, before that i was able to download and upload at max speeds and still brows the internet, now its down to max 50kb/s down and 2,4mbit/s up and i can't brows until several minutes after µtorrent has been shutdown. Only difference these past days is that i got more ram and a new graphics card and new drivers for the graphics. any clue of what it could be or how to fix this?

(as long as µtorrent is closed i can download at max speeds from any http/ftp site)

the thing is, it worked perfectly last week but this week it just isn't working, i haven't changed anything in the program itself so all i can think of is an interference from a file or another program which may or may not have any relations to µtorrent, i tried azureus and it works like a charm, but it's µtorrent i want to use :/

Ok, i've already fixed nat/upnp a long time ago, i know thats not my issue, and max_halfopen is set to 8, i've tried a lower value but with no success, still can't understand what it could be. and as said before, other bt clients work.

hi nertip,

i had the same problem ... my firefox won't even open until utorrent was closed (same problem with bitcomet, only one file in the download queue) ... so i changed the "Global maximum numbers of connections:" to 80 (with 150 i can open firefox but surfing is pretty slow) and now i can surf and check e-mail during torrent downloads ... don't know if this is the resolution but maybe its a workaround ... i would suggest it has something to do with sp3 because with sp2 i have not had this kind of problems (never changed tcpip.sys ... no updating, clean win xp integrated sp3 installation)

Archived