Error: Element not found

bostone737

• 2 weeks later...

Both Sparse files and Compact allocation are off. I was unable to find 'bypass windows system cache'. There was the 'disable windows cashing of disk writes' and 'disable windows cashing of disk reads' which were both checked.

I just started trying to download a couple larger files instead of a small pack of files. The large files are running for much longer periods before hitting the error. the large 1.3 gig download got to about 43% before tanking while the 28 meg file pack wouldn't even get a tenth of a percent finished before dieing.

Edit: Also to note, the large file after being restarted a couple times, really hits a wall at 99.9%. UTorrent starts to download data but then just dies again. It will take a lot of restarting before the download is completed.

Looks like disabling windows caching was what was doing it. At first I disabled everything which fixed the issue but created a separate issue with staying connected to small, multi-file torrents. After reselecting the non-windows caching options everything started to work correctly.

I've since downgraded back to the current stable version without issue.

• 2 years later...

I doubt it's hard-drive corruption. I got the error from using a home theatre system to wirelessly watch a tv series (which was at 97% on utorrent) that was on the PC. Everytime after watching it, it happened, then once no matter how many times I re-checked it, it kept saying "element not found" - moving it around in the same drive and re-checking didn't work, but moving it to the desktop and re-checking did work, it finished, then burned it. better to have as many harddrives on your pc just in case...

Archived