tracker: closed by peer

stlblues

I have been using torent off and on for a couple years and never had any problems that I couldnt figure out until now, When the day started any file i would try to download a message would pop and say something like server, but i got that figured out but now anytime i try to download a torrent the tracker status says "closed by peer" I read somewhere to use encryption but thats already enabled. Also about half the time I click to download a torrent the download window doesnt pop up instead it opens a new blank intenret page and says done in the bottom corner. Any help?

Connection closed by peer? If so, then it's most likely an ISP issue. Judging by the fact that you seem to be behind a university IP, I wouldn't be all too surprised if this were the case. That is, they're probably blocking BitTorrent traffic (now).

I use IE 7, and yes it has happened on everysite ive tried. I found somewhere that said to disable passive FPT and that worked for a little while but then I would have the other error was occuring so I couldnt download anything, but I got that figured out and it started going ot a blank page.

Archived