Not connecting to any peers/seeds?

domel

Hi,

This is now the second time this has happened to me. The first time, all the torrents i was downloading suddenly stopped and couldn't find any seeds or peers. I tried all the common suggestions but nothing would work. Eventually, after about a month, they started working again! No idea how!

Now, a few weeks later, its happened again. I'm on a university connection, but I'm almost certain that's not the problem, as all my roommates are able to download through utorrent without a problem, while mine just shows up as 0 seeds and 0 peers for every torrent.

Tracker status is always 'Offline (Timed Out)'

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Roommates? University? It's possible your suite got flagged for excessive bandwidth usage. If you can't connect to peers, 1) be sure others on your line/room aren't downloading the full capacity simultaneously, 2) that you're not overloading the connection with > 5 Mbit settings from the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G)... even without a set bandwidth cap,pull greater than 5Mbit 12 hours a day every month and you'll get flagged for something inevitably, whether it be congesting your local area of the campus LAN or simply the sheer amount of traffic.

I'm assuming you've also read through http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 and verified the problems aren't tracker-specific.. by say checking testing torrents from Slackware or OpenOffice for 1-3 minutes.

Archived