Possible to use multiple wireless connections simultaneously?

KSUdvm2b

I'm running Vista, and in my school's library I am connected to two wireless connections, both with excellent signal strength (I believe they are 11 Mbps). With uTorrent running, am I actually using all available bandwidth, or are all the transfers going through a single connection? If the latter, is there anyway to use both connections? Thanks.

(this wouldn't normally matter as I usually sit directly beneath the 54Mbps router when I'm here, but with it being finals week the library is pretty full and I couldn't get my usual spot).

As if abusing one wireless connection was not enough. ;)

You could try reading this thread:

Can I Combine 2 Internet Connection?

> getting them to share data if downloading the same torrent is actually a serious problem.

Yeah, you would need to skip files in one torrent if the other torrent is downloading pieces associated with that file.

The other issue could speed drop because you have two active wireless connections very close to each other.

You could see the same torrents using 2 different connections, just run 2 copies of uTorrent...and they probably could even use the same files instead of also needing 2 copies of files.

While downloading, you'd have to have 2 separate copies of files to prevent the 2 uTorrents from trying to write to the same file at once...thus the mess. :(

Archived