seeding at two different sites with the same file

Gish

If the files fopr multi-file torrents have different names, use 1.8; Otherwise you can't. The info dictionary stores the data for the file names inside the torrent. Single file torrents work fine with 1.7, just use right click, advanced, set download location. For 1.8 multi-file torrents, Files tab, right click, relocate.

I'm not sure I'm fallowing! its one file that I'm sharing but I guess in the future when I upload more it can be a multi file torrent. I am using 1.7!

so are you saying I can only use utorrent 1.8 for this?

before what I have done is copy the file and rename it so both sites are getting the file but with different names but I was hoping there was a easer way. also I am not doing any downloading so why would I need to set a location?

Thanks

Single file torrents can be done in 1.7.So you're seeding from one site right now yes? For the second torrent, stop, right click, advanced, set download location. Browse to, and click ON the current filename you have it saved as. Start, and it will begin checking. If it doesn't hit 100% the files are not the same. If they are it will start seeding.

You have to stop both torrents. Force recheck on each of them. If they both complete to 100%, you can start seeding each torrent separately and have them pointing to the same set of files. You have to run torrents for private trackers as separate torrents otherwise non-member IP addresses can seep in and contaminate the swarm.

Archived