No speed even after portforwarding...

Aravind Kumar

Hi, I changed my plan from BSNL's Home 250 to Home 500C. 2Mbps speed. I've started using utorrent since a few days. My modem is SmartAX MT 841. I portforwarded utorrent yesterday. I've done everything correctly. Yet, I get max speeds of 100k or less. It increases a bit and goes down. Fluctuates a lot. I use the COMODO firewall and I'm sure I've configured that too. Please help. Many firends get speeds above 200 and 250. Also, I get around 1850kbps connection speed. Any suggestions or help please...

Hey firstly, thanks a lot for the reply. I tried downloading the open office form the link you gave me. I saw a few other posts with similar problem. As the others said, open office is downloading at an average of 200. It reached speeds of 410!!!! which is simply amazing. But at the same time my other download is at the usual 50 and doesn't even reach 100.

Also, when I download stuff from the websites directly(non P2P) I get speeds constantly between 150 and 300. I've tested my speed and it is correct. Only torrents is a problem. I enquired atleast 5 or 6 people, everyone is getting good speed... Any other suggestion?

Archived