Uniblue.com (RegistryBooster 2 & ProcessScanner & ProcessQuickLink2)

Nosnibor

Hello everyone. I need some info on a web site and some programs from "Uniblue.com" as listed in above SUBJECT. The 3 programs listed with emphasis on the "ProcessQuinkLink2" I think are VERY good programs but because of my limited knowlage with PC's i'm not sure. If ANYONE has heard ANYTHING about this website or the programs, or has first hand experance with the programs in question i would realy like to hear from you. In advance, thanks to all who respond.

There was this one I used.. it was a "registry tracker"... All it did was track changes between scans. Ideally you run it before/after installs as an alternative to keeping Process Monitor running 24/7 ... only thing was a scan back then on my 100K key registry took 12 minutes. I didn't have the patience to use it regularly, so I only used it in cases where I wanted to revert to some "stable" configuration I made every couple of months as an alternative to just booting up my BartPE DVD and then reinstalling windows from scratch.

You want useful tools, check out http://sysinternals.com Most of their archive is up on the new MS-owned website. If not, check out their "all in one" 9 meg download. The devs there are way into Windows power-users.

In my opinion ANEONE that say the Registry doesn't need fixing (at times) shouldn't be allowed to have the extention of "Administrator" included in there name! For example....why is it then that when you uninstall a program which subsiquently removes all traces of it's self from "C:\Program Files" and from the "Start Menu" leaves registry enterys pointing back to said "DELEATED" files..........hmmmm!!!!

Having worked in Windows XP Technical Support for 2 years, I've SEEN FIRST HAND that registry cleaners cause more problems than they solve.

One example:

Clean install, no new software.

Install a registry cleaner.

Run its scan.

It discovers several hundred broken entries.

The user cleans them.

The system is no longer bootable and needs to be clean installed again.

Again,

These apps lead you to believe that the registry needs fixing. It doesn't.

Truth.

What Firon meant was that these apps lead you to believe that the registry needs fixing when it doesn't. When the registry really needs fixing you'll notice it and these kind of applications are unable to help you 9 out of 10 times.

In most cases Orphaned entries are clutter and they do not result in any problems. The most obvious example is that a lot of applications leave subkeys in the Software section of HKLM and/or HKCU when they are uninstalled. This does not need fixing. Removing them would simply be tidying up. And keeping them allows you to keep (some/most/all of) your settings in case you want to use that application on that system again in the future.

Archived