Footprint

jdh05

How can I program utorrent so that I can do other things while using it? Running XP home, AMD Dual Core 3800+ 2.5 gig RAM, 500 gb hd. DSL, so I am not running a cheesy system. I am only using 1-5% of CPU. So, with utorrent running, I couldn't access this page. When I shut down utorrent, I can connct to anything. I can use anything on the machine right now (ie viewing DL'd movies etc.) this is mostly in regard to web surfing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jdh05

Thank you very much for your advise Firon, but unfortunately the steps I took accomlished nothing.

Here is a record of what I tried. It may contain a lot of dialog, but I tried to provide a thorough record of what I tred to do. I can be a bit wordy at times, so please excuse me in advance.

Thanks jdh05

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip EventID 4226 Patcher Version 2.23d (english)

----------------

I tried to open this patch file to help with the problem but this is what I got when I tried

to open the zip file that I DL'd

Windows Blocked File Notification:

Windows has blocked the file C:\Documents and Settings\Myname\My Documents\Unzipped\EvID4226Patch-en\EvID4226patch.exe ,from being extracted

---------------

WinZip-View Last Output

Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\my name\My Documents\Unzipped\EvID4226Patch223d-en\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Extracting changelog-en.txt

Extracting EvID4226Patch.exe

File was blocked, user selected to cancel processing

Interrupted

-------------------

Detailed Results of Last Operation showing the specific errors(s) encounted

Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Mick\My Documents\Unzipped\EvID4226Patch223d-en\"

File was blocked, user selected to skip file and continue processing

Extracting Homepage.url

--------------------

Only using Windows Firewall, as I dumped the nVidia Firewall. Problem was the same. If Im lucky I can Dl at up to 300 kB/s usual rate about 100 kB/s, while uploading at 45 kB/s that is using either firewall. I don't have a forwarded port because from some reason I can't get into the Actiontec website. I'm using Actiontec GT 704 WG.

Using version 1.7.7 of uTorrent IP

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Common Problems:(reiterated just to be sure)

Try lowering net.max halfopen to 8 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)-[already set at 8]

----------------------------------------------

Try disabling resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

I have no Peer (per say) tab, or I am too dumb to find it. I only found :Enable Local Peer discovery, Enable peer exchange [ both allowed] in Bit Torrent section. Also tried right click on peers tab peers was checked in the download area, but saw nothing, about resolving anything so I let it alone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

[already done]

------------------------------------------------------------

Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

[ UPnp already done-NAT PMP now done]

-------------------------------------------------

Try disabling peer resolve country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

[already done]

-----------------------------------------------------

Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

[now set at 200, was 2000. Should I go lower?]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try patching TCPIP.sys (Windows XP w/ SP2, Windows 2003 w/ SP1, or newer)? Windows Vista users can try this out, but no guarantees are made. Users not on Windows XP w/ SP2, Windows 2003 w/ SP1, Windows Vista, or newer can skip this step. I was guided to this site and patch by right clicking TCPIP.sys

EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip EventID 4226 Patcher Version 2.23d (english)

------------------------

I downloaded the Patch Fix, and here is what happened:

Got a Windows Blocked File Notification:

Windows has blocked the file C:\Documents and Settings\Myname\My Documents\Unzipped\EvID4226Patch-en\EvID4226patch.exe ,from being extracted

---------------

WinZip-View Last Output

Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\my name\My Documents\Unzipped\EvID4226Patch223d-en\"

File was blocked, user selected to cancel processing

Interrupted

-------------------

Detailed Results of Last Operation showing the specific errors(s) encounted

Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Mick\My Documents\Unzipped\EvID4226Patch223d-en\"

File was blocked, user selected to skip file and continue processing

Extracting Homepage.url

--------------------

Using only Windows Firewall, as I dumped the nVidia Firewall. Problem was the same. If Im lucky I can Dl at up to 300 kB/s usual rate about 100 kB/s, while uploading at 45 kB/s that is using either firewall. I don't have a forwarded port because from some reason I can't get into the Actiontec website. I'm using Actiontec GT 704 WG. which is a DSL/ Router that can be used wirelessly, supposedly with a firewall built in

Using version 1.7.7 of uTorrent IP

Connect your computer directly to the modem to make sure the problem is not caused by the router

I'm aready done with this I think

---------------------------------

Restart your computer, modem, and router after performing any of the above

Done]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)

Scan saved at 2:01:55 PM, on 17/05/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Acunetix\Web Vulnerability Scanner 4\WVSScheduler.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HDDSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

C:\Program Files\valecam\SilkQuit\SilkQuit.exe

C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

F:\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = socks=

R3 - URLSearchHook: BTjunkie Toolbar - {1a71246c-3eb0-4d6c-af77-3ab756017c3a} - C:\Program Files\BTjunkie\tbBTju.dll

O2 - BHO: SnagIt Toolbar Loader - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagItBHO.dll

O2 - BHO: BTjunkie Toolbar - {1a71246c-3eb0-4d6c-af77-3ab756017c3a} - C:\Program Files\BTjunkie\tbBTju.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: PopUpCop - {DB43E4E6-FF8A-4018-8C8E-F68587A44A73} - C:\PROGRA~1\PopUpCop\PopUpCop.dll

O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagItIEAddin.dll

O3 - Toolbar: BTjunkie Toolbar - {1a71246c-3eb0-4d6c-af77-3ab756017c3a} - C:\Program Files\BTjunkie\tbBTju.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [amd_dc_opt] "C:\Program Files\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P17Helper] Rundll32 P17.dll,P17Helper

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] "C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpywar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your advise, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

jdn05

Thanks Firon, I'll give it a bid. BTW,the patch tool is loaded with Win32/tool.EvID4226.application(s)

Tried deleting it, but it now seems to pop up all over the place. Also, I just installed SpySweeper, so it has not affected anything. I have been seeing a lot of negatives on SS in some security sites, so off it goes. Used to be a good program. I have SuperAntiSpyware installed for the last 6months, so SS is redundant I suppose.

Thanks Again,

jdh05

That's not a hijackthis log... a full one anyway. Searching for super anti spyware brings up some similar threads.. you tried removing it instead?

WAIT.. you're still running Nvidia Firewall (Network access manager)??? Does it really run an apache server for you?? You're aware nvidia firewall bloats on UDP packets.

Archived