Port Forwarding Problem

handsomepete42

I guess either I wasn't supposed to post this message in the troubleshooting section or no one had any answers to my question.... So I will repost here.

I am really new to this whole thing but recently my roommates that had cable internet left and I signed up with a WiMax provider. The torrent speeds have been dismal. I noticed that it was telling me that I had no incoming connections. From what little I've read so far my port aren't open. Even the thingy that tells you if the port is open or not on utorrent tells me it not open. So I try to find out how. I find a site and it tells me to

pick my router. So I look at the box and it says it a modem, I assume that its also the router because I don't need one to get internet. It says Alvarion. I look at the massive list and guess what? Not on there!!! To my knowledge the brand is Alvarion and model is Breezmax Si.

Can anyone help me?

The ISP, at least the name that comes up on the bill is Bridgemax.

Possible but unlikely the reason. Your problem seems to be configuraion/situational... have you started by following guidelines from Ultima's troubleshooting sticky? Even though EXACT instructions aren't there for your modem... if you see "port forwarding" or "virtual server" somewhere in the setup GUI, you can go from there.

Archived