backup/restore torrent list?

NurEinTier

Given the prevalence of problems like this reported I won't link you to them.. use search. Search is your friend. I start by filter based upon my name "jewelisheaven" and "resume.dat" to give you help. You'll likely want/need to setup a rigorous backup regimen since you've got such an unstable system... then back it off once you eliminate the crashing (likely due to drivers).

If µtorrent crashes or is improperly closed it won't be able to properly update the resume information and usually this means that the next time you start µtorrent is has to recheck all torrents listed. In rare occasions the resume information actually becomes corrupted and you lose the list of torrents that were loaded. There isn't much you can do about this. 1.8 has better recovery but both problems can still occur.

Instead of trying to solve the symptoms it is recommended to put some effort in solving the cause: the crashes. If µtorrent doesn't crash you don't risk having to re-check or losing your torrent list.

Your list IS backed up. Sadly in rare occasions that list gets corrupted. Normally it happens something like 1 out of 100 times µtorrent crashes. Creating backups of backups of backups of backups etc is useless bloat especially since µtorrent doesn't crash that often and in almost all cases the problem causing the crashes can be solved.

Archived