error: file being used by another process (once again)

nadjaha

Hi there,

when I'm trying to download a torrent it says "error: the process cannot access the file because it's being used by another process"

I know this topic has been discussed several times in the past and I apologise for annoying you once again. However can you have a look at my log file and give me a personalised solution.

Cheers.

...Logfile data deleted...

Google Desktop and Roxio are both known to cause problems. Either disable indexing in GDS, possibly for just download folders, or uninstall it. Roxio you should either disable or uninstall the Hard Drive Watcher. If you can reinstall it without the indexing portion it might be fine.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#I_get_Error_Access_Denied_and_.C2.B5Torrent_halts_the_torrent

Sweet, it's working now. Knew Roxio and Google Desktop were a bit of a problem but wasn't exactly sure how to disable them. Have done a bit of research though, it seems to like the new settings.

You'll hear from me if it cracks up again.

Cheers.

I had a similar experience receiving the message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" after loading Vista with Service pack 1 (ultimate edition).

After reading the various posts on this subject I found the programme that was causing the problem was "Picassa". Just disable this and Utorrent works perfectly.

To disable go to Start - type msconfig - the system configuration utility starts. Go to the Start Up tab and scroll down and locate "Picassa" and untick the box to the left. Then click apply and then OK. You should then see the yellow warning sign turn green.

Archived