No Bandwidth when upload speed is set above 65k

agon024

Why the hell is all my bandwidth gone when my upload limit is set above 65k.

I have comcast and have a lot faster upload than that with them and I need to use it but if I set my upload over 65k I have no bandwidth whatsoever and cannot even pull up any pages. When I set it back to 65k and hit apply. Instantly all my pages that are waiting to load all load.

I have tested the speed on a bandwidth website and same thing when I start the bandwidth test it just sits there and does nothing. When I drop down the upload in utorrent instantly the test download starts.

When the speed test is running with the utorrent upload set to 65k it starts downloading at my regular high speed. When I change the upload back to 100k the download drops down to nothing and all my bandwidth is gone.

Is this how your program is supposed to be. Cause that seems like a really horrible downfall in your program.

Am I doing something wrong.

Please help.

Agon

ComCast has SpeedBoost, a short-term increase of speed on both down AND up...typically lasting about 10 seconds to a minute depending on how fast what you're doing tries to go...faster=shorter duration. This THOROUGHLY fouls up speed tests, as they "see" the speed increase and report the speed at the moment rather than sustainable speeds.

In short, you may be able to briefly upload faster than 100 KiloBYTES/second...but you can't sustain above 65 KiloBYTES/second.

I have ComCast's slowest speed offering of 6mbps down and 384 kbps up, and I cannot upload faster than 43 KiloBYTES/second sustained.

Archived