I'm trying to seed but nothing happens.

andelepues

Merry Christmas. Save some cheer and compassion before you slam me for asking a question that EVERYONE already knows the answer. :)

I've been using BT for about a week now. I have downloaded various items and then left Utorrent running to seed them. Everything was working fine so I decided to share some of my own files. I created several torrents and uploaded them to a large public site. I double checked the now uploaded torrents and found all the files and descriptions to be correct. I then downloaded "their" torrents and opened them in Utorrent. The first time through I checked off "don't download" the content of the files, Utorrent showed "seeding" under status and I waited for some customers. Nothing happened for an hour. I saw lots of peers, my offered material is recent and very popular, but no one was downloading from me. I then tried starting the downloaded torrents over with Utorrent and this time left them with the status "downloading" to see what happened. That sounded stupid but I thought that maybe you have to download your own material to start a seed. Nothing happened. I know today is a major holiday and maybe I am expecting instant results. Still, one of the albums I am offering showed over 500 leeches the other day for an inferior bitrate. Anyway, I want to make sure that I am doing the process correctly. Thanks.

PS: maybe only the technologically impaired among us have problems starting a new seeding but I would sure like to see a detailed "sticky" on the process. Thanks again.

It took a while, a long while, but I am finally able to share. The problem seemed to be where I was putting the files to be shared vrs where the torrent was. Once I put them both in the same folder I was able to start seeding. I love sharing my music since I feel I am giving back to the community that allowed me to download it in the first place. Thanks to everyone here who tried to help me.

Archived