Problems with uTorrent and port forwarding

Sainty

Hey,

I have been trying to solve this problem all day but nothing seems to work. I am connected to internet through a Speedtouch 510i modem, which goes to a Linksys WRT54GC router, which goes to my computer. In uTorrent, I have a red dot which says Listen Error, this error is displayed no matter which port I choose. If I test if the port is forwarded, I get a message that it isn't. I have followed the guides at portforward.com word by word, without result. If I leave the router out, thus connect directly to the modem, the problem persists. Does anyone here maybe have a clue on what to do?

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem with a WRT54G and a SpeedStream 5200. I've tried changing the ports to various values within 1400 and 65000 on my router, have UPnP disabled on utorrent and the port test still fails and I have no incoming connections.

Red dot, listen error.. What firewall/Internet-security/anti-virus are you using? You might need to set it up right. Also, when connected to the modem, Start > Run > CMD /K IPCONFIG /ALL and look for your connection, what are the first two numbers in IP address? I think the Speedtouch might be a router also but I'm not sure.

Archived