µTorrent doesn't closes it's connections.

_hunter

Greetings...

I've recently discovered that µTorrent (1.7.7) doesn't closes it's connections: after one hour of work it held opened (my firewall (outpost) said this) 220 connections (despite global limit == 200). After two hours there was 400 connections and after night -- 2000.

Is this "my" problem or µTorrent's?

Best regards...

... it's likely counting UDP If so, disable logging for UDP... it's stateless. A firewall counting UDP packets as connection attempts is misconfigured/broken.

If it's not that, do you run any OTHER security software.. i.e. Peer Guardian. That software also may impact your connection... terminating connections without letting the program know. The number of connections uT has/makes/uses is seen @ Alt-H-S any higher number than that and they're stale/hung/outside uT's scope.

I new that UDP is stateless. And thats the problem -- all that connections are TCP.

I'm not shure what exactly those values means, but at the time of 560 connections there was such:

incoming conns since start: 685

outgoing conns since start: 68

handshake: 619

connections: 56

half-open: 8

values.

Those stats mean nothing as far as current connections go.

Once a connection is in the process of closing, it's handed off to the kernel. But a broken firewall could make them take longer to close, or maybe even never close. In other words, Outpost is either wrong, or is causing the problem directly.

Archived