uTorrent Slow Downloading

Matchu287

Hi, I'm new to p2p stuff and I'm trying to download things but its very, very slow. My ISP is Comcast and I learned that they love to throttle my p2p connection. I've tried many things to increase speed but nothing seems to work. I've browsed the internet but nothing seems to give a solution simply. Can someone please give me a link to a good guide?

Also, to avoid making multiple threads, I have another question:

Is it illegal to download .iso for movies and games that I personally own but have been scratched or ruined? Thats a major reason why I want to use p2p.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: BTW when I say "slow", I mean a constant less than 20 kbps. The weird thing is my upload usually fluctuates between 20 and 40 kbps.

The torrent I currently have has 41 seeds and 171 peers, yet I'm only connecting to 15 seeds and 54 peers. I'm still downloading only at <30kb/s (I'd did a few things that helped me in the guide you linked Firon). How do i know if the torrent I have is good and will download fast? Also, does the download speed increase as more of the torrent is downloaded? Thanks for the reply to my noob question!

My upload is just about exactly the same as my download rate for all my torrents. Sometimes the torrent will jump and download at 30-40 kb/s. Usually the torrents are at about 20kb/s. Its random between 10-30 kb/s but is at 19-21kb/s about 75% of the time. Its very slow when it first starts, but I suspect thats normal. I'm gonna let it download overnight and see how it is tomorrow. Ill still be checking for suggestions though.

How long to 6 gig downloads take you guys because at this rate its going to take me days, mabye weeks.

Edit: Ive noticed that im connected to a very minimal amount of seeders and many leechers. Ill be connected to 6 of about 40 seeders and 50 of 150+ leechers. Could this be a problem?

Archived