Smart Download Locations

HeadlessClown

I just moved over to using uTorrent for its RSS Downloader, and there's one feature Azureus had that I think uTorrent should definitely implement. Azureus had the option of using something called "smart downloading". This feature remembers the last location you chose for a certain file and if you download a file with a similar name, it will automatically start out in that directory. For example, if I downloaded "House Episode 1" in the location "C:\TV Series\House\", it will automatically start in the same location when the program asks where to save the file. Really useful tool for organization, if there is anyway to do this with uTorrent I would be very pleased.

I meant for this to be used when torrents are manually download, not the RSS downloads since they already have a location specified. This feature automatically remembers that "House Episode #" goes in the House folder and that "South Park Episode #" goes in the Southpark folder. When you have multiple external and internal hard drives, its useful to have these locations remembered so you don't have to find them each time, especially since episodes are sometimes mislabeled and aren't caught by the RSS downloader.

Here is the specific setting I'm referring to in Azureus:

Azureus.jpg

(Note that the unchecked setting below it, "Update default directory to location last saved to" is the method which uTorrent saves files.)

In addition, this feature could also be used to remember the label for similar filenames.

Archived