changing passkey bug

hajj_3

changing passkey bug:

i am seeding a torrent on a private torrent site, i am seeding it using 1 account, you cant however right click the torrent in utorrent, choose properties, you paste in the new passkey of a different account and click ok, as i want to use my other account on the site to resume uploading with so i can improve its ratio too. the only way to change the passkey of a torrent it to re-download the .torrent, it says do you want to add this tracker to the list or something similar, i choose yes, then you right click its properties, it shows both passkeys, i then delete the old passkey that i dont want to use then click ok then it works.

please can you allow changing the passkey by right clicking and going into properties, changing it then clicking ok, rather than having to re-download the .torrent and adding the tracker as an alternate download or whatever it says on the dialog box when you try to do this.

im using latest 1.3.1 beta by the way.

it wont let me thats what i just said in this post, when i paste my PID in the announce url e.g http://www.wild-*****.org/announce.php?passkey=5*******0ed3a48a07ae3fddf9a***** instead of http://www.wild-*****.org/announce.php?passkey=7*******sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfs***** and click ok it dosent change. try changing your passkey, it wont work!

note: i blanked out some characters with *'s so that i dont show the site name or my passkey.

its not working for me with latest 1.3.1 beta, try using the same site as i listed above, not sure if i can say the sites name, it may very well make a difference if i can reveal the site name, but not my passkey. please let me know if i can do so as this bug is quite annoying and would only take a min to fix the source code.

here is a screenshot of what i am doing, i right click the torrent which is the top one in the list, click properties, i have changed the first 3 numbers of the passkey from 532 to 777 and click ok, but once i click ok the passkey doesnt change :(

[image removed]

when i re-download the torrent i get this message:

a1fu.jpg

it then adds the new passkey to the list, the first line has the original passkey, then it had a blank line, then on the 3rd line it has the new passkey, i then deleted the first and second lines (just leaving the new passkey), clicked ok and then the change was saved. however i just tried doing this again and it didnt even add the new passkey to the list, nothing changed at all. the code for the passkey adding, deleting and changing definately needs looking at.

EDIT by silverfire: Image >50KB containing illegal content removed. Please read forum content rules before posting.

There's nothing specific for passkeys, so there's nothing to fix. It's just loading the tracker from the torrent because it has the same infohash and tacking it onto the announce list, since it's a different announce URL.

And for the record, did you even hit OK on the first dialog?

fixed the NAT bug, changed the port for utorrent.

i changed the announce url from wild-*****.org to wild-wild.org which isnt real, so it says hostname not found which is correct, but you cant change the passkey password itself in the annouce url, but you can change the site name. however think ive found another bug i changed it to the fake wild-wild.org and 1 min later it started downloading, it must be using the hash for the torrent and downloading it off the real website which i cant reveal, this is the dht bug that bitcomet is making it a dead client now isnt it?

so now there are 2 bugs from in this post that need addressing!

[image removed]

EDIT by silverfire: Image >50KB containing illegal content removed. Please read forum content rules before posting.

Uh, no, this isn't the same as the DHT 'bug' (it was intentional on BitComet's part imo...). That's just your internal peer cache. Make sure it says DHT Status: not allowed on the General tab. If it doesn't, it's not private.

Also, I don't see UPnP OK there.

I still can't reproduce your not being able to change the PID.

right, using my server elsewhere in the u.k i was able to actually change the announce url, it didnt work before though using the server or my pc, so i have a screenshot with with an incorrect passkey used below:

as for the upnp ok i changed the port again now and now it says ok.

edit: there is still the bug not letting you change the announce url, it may not happen every time, but it definately happens and is very annoying, as for the dht bug you are prob right, but i dont know anything about bittorrent caching or anything, but hopefully this could be changed as say me and my bro have an account on a private site, if he uses my account to download it for a while, then uses his account, but that gets deleted, not banned whilst he's download a torrent, then stops it and resumes it after its deleted it will start resuming it using my account if you understand that.

[image removed]

it still says listen error now 5mins later, but is uploading at over 500k/sec, so it either has dht bug or is using cached real password.

are you the lead programmer of utorrent? there is definately something wrong, please read my edited reply above too.

Erm... the listen error and NAT errors have nothing to do with DHT. I'm not sure why you keep blaming DHT for at least two of your problems so far O.o

As everyone else, I've yet to experience this problem. I tried modifying the tracker URLs, and the changes are being saved. This seems like an isolated case, and more likely, a problem on your end (and not a µTorrent bug)...

It's not a DHT bug or anything, it's just that you announced to the tracker and it told you about peers. All modern clients remember the peers it connected to (and many more on big swarms), so they can reconnect faster.

Listen error means you have a more significant problem, change the port and restart the client or something.

what are you on about melting smoke, firstly you shouldnt go spreading the site name around, secondly me and my brother are both allowed to have accounts, whats wrong with that? go and improve your ratio, 1.05, thats rubbish, mines 3.5! thirdly i understand port forwarding, just got a replacement router! if you understand about forwarding the learn what sharing is, not just uploading what you download!

and to the other people this is a definate bug, its nothing to do with dht, ports etc, utorrent dosent let me change the passkey, tried it on 3 computers at my house and 1 server in the u.k.

also i didnt say utorrent crashed on me, learn the read and to share Andrea!

I find it really odd that you're the only person experiencing this though (whether it was on one computer or 4). No one else has reported this, and everyone else in this thread doesn't appear to be having the same problem...

Also, no need to be flaunting any ratios around here...

its hardly odd, 3 computers using 1 router and internet connection have the same problem and the other is on a fast server elsewhere in the u.k, its definately not a problem on my end, its in the code for saving changes in the properties window, the programmer needs to look at it, find out why its not working and fix the bug.

It is odd when you consider the fact that no one else has reported the same behavior (I'm sure there are other people who change their passkeys as well), and any attempts by other people in this thread to reproduce the bug have returned nothing but success... Now, when I say odd, I'm not saying that you're wrong or whatever, so don't get me wrong here =T

I've personally tried editing my torrent trackers, adding passkeys, changing passkeys, blah blah, and it was able to save perfectly. To add on to this 'oddness,' µTorrent doesn't care what you put as the tracker URL (there's no check for errors, or for what parameters you put along with it), so the error shouldn't be occurring only on the passkey -- you shouldn't be able to change the tracker URL to wild-wild.org either if there really was a bug with changing tracker URLs. Heck, I tried putting http://asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf?passkey=jkjfaklsdjfa as my tracker, and it saved correctly.

Archived