changing passkey bug

hajj_3

First off, is Here.Cumz.Santa.XXX.DVDRip.XviD-Pr0n.. a legal-to-share torrent? CreativeCommons-licensed? xD if not you had better edit it out LOL

go and improve your ratio, 1.05, thats rubbish, mines 3.5!

The overall ratio of a site has to be 1.0, so for every person with a ratio over 1.0 someone has a ratio below that to make up for it. Anything over 1.0 and even 0.6 IMO is definitely "sharing". Get over yourself, obviously not everyone has as good an internet connection as you.

no torrents on private trackers are legal to share? i actually have a bad internet connection, i rented a server for a month with 1000gb transfer to bring my ratio nice and high so it will last me a while on all my private torrent sites. as for ratio 0.6, that isnt sharing, thats leeching, 1.0 isnt sharing either, if you have a birthday cake and share it you only get 1 slice and your family gets 1 slice each, so a family of 6 would be a 5:1 ratio.

as for doing something wrong, unfortunately there isnt much i can do wrong, all you do is highlight a torrent, right click, choose properties, edit the password hash part of the passkey, click ok, but the change isnt saved unfort, fingers crossed for a fix soon :).

• 6 months later...

Reopening an old and very annoying bug case...

I have exactly the same problem but I don't think he did a great job of explaining it.

The code has to use some kind of system to determine if a field was changed when applying changes - it's not like it's going to re-apply all the settings when you hit OK if nothing was changed from last time. Unfortunately there's a bug in the way teh U detects changes between the old tracker and the new tracker.

If you completely change the tracker URL, there's no problem, the change is complete. But if the old-length and the new-length are the same (e.g. from one passkey to another), it seems to not recognize the change.

If you don't know what I mean, or don't believe me (this problem has been around for quite a few versions), I'll make a video. In fact I think I will anyway...

Merged double post(s):

Video killed the radio star.

http://www.hostfile.org/utorrentTrackerBug.wmv (182kb, Windows Media Screen format)

(Follow the cursor to see what I'm e-pointing at)

EDIT by silverfire: Please do not double post.

It's just that it compares string lengths in the dialog box instead of string content (RAM concerns, I'm sure... well founded). Might be easy to fix... but hurry up and put it in the ToDo would ya? I wanna change the passkey on some of my torrents (was helping a less-fortunate friend get their ratio up) and I don't wanna have to erase tracker, save, edit again, and paste a hundred times :P

Archived