New Client To Possibly Ban: Imageshack.us (not a misstype)

nuckfuts

New client launched by Imageshack...

http://tor.imageshack.us/tor/

If you're logged in, you can try it out. You'll notice that it's only for downloading, it isn't even capable of seeding, so it's basically a leech client. I sure as heck wouldn't want to give bandwidth to that stupid system, when it can't even give back a 1:1 ratio (or more) to the community.

Nuff said by me. Discuss.

... Client banning will not happen.

It is not a leecher client. The fact it STOPS the client after downloading means... don't use it for stuff you need ratio on??

Stupid request IMO... all people who request banning things... need to read http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_is_ipfilter.dat.3F

If you connect to any imageshack clients.. you'll see the IPs. I'm guessing they use the same IPs as their image servers so just add 38.99/16 's IPFILTER range and you'll be blocking them. You likely won't see any clients connect to you though as it's a pretty low incidence % of usage. ( 38.99.0.0-38.99.255.255 )

Not a stupid request at all, although we all know the staffs thoughts on banning. As a initial uploader on many tracker sites I'll be damned if I'm gonna give any bandwidth to this "client" as I try to get a full copy out.

Just do what I do, use Azureus when you first upload a torrent then switch back to utorrent when there are other seeds.

ipfilter.dat is lame... it's just too tedious to keep modifying it.

It may not seed afterwards, but does it upload at all while downloading? That's what I'm not clear on.

Also, with initial seeding, you wouldn't send it very many pieces if it doesn't upload -at all-, because your client would never see the pieces show up again in the swarm.

If it does, then it's limited to 20 KB/s. If that is including the overhead, or is completely overhead bandwidth... it doesn't say. The download appears to be unlimited, other than the connection of course... It either is overloaded for doesn't give very many connections per torrent. Maybe 100 if that.

I was able to get 500-1000 KB/s out of it no problem.

I bet the Imageshack would be happy to answer any questions via contact.

Archived