Don't start downloading until availability > 1?

AsGoodAsItGets

Hello,

is there a way to tell uTorrent not to actually start downloading until the availability of a torrent becomes greater than 1?

This way it should ensure that there is at least one seeder out there who may not be online all the time, but nevertheless, the torrent can be completed.

Thanks

Thanks for the answer, but I don't get this. What do you mean when you say "availability is greater than your complete"?

On most of the torrents I download, availability quickly becomes greater than 1, so this is not an issue, all pieces appear to be on peers very fast. If after say, 5 minutes, availability is still below 1, well, chances are the torrent will never be complete.

What's the point of starting to download if there are still missing parts? You'd only be wasting bandwidth.

I mean, I can understand that this is not implemented in uTorrent, but wouldn't that be a nice feature to have and one that can be easily implemented?

If after say, 5 minutes, availability is still below 1, well, chances are the torrent will never be complete.

Not necessarily.

People who initially seed torrents may be using a super-seed mode which will prevent availability from being visibly greater than 1 for prolonged periods of time. Additionally, seeds may choose to disappear for periods of time to force availability balancing within the swarm.

As easy as you think it may be to implement, the number of factors that can fuck it up is too big.

Archived