Gdata internet security 08 results blue screen and crash

Knickout

Good evening to all

I'm using utorrent and also a new antivirus: GDATA Internet Security 2008..

When I open utorrent one minute (more or less) a blue screen apears saying that a critical error has happened and the computer crash..

When my computer starts again, Vista starts looking for hep to resolve the problem and it says that the problem was a file from my antivirus...

I presume that the problem might be a conflict between Gdata and utorrent as I'm writing this from my pc without utorrent open and it works just fine....

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Knickout

It's not "just" the firewall... I had the same problem, I uninstalled gData 2008 and reinstalled it without the firewall: same problem. I just contacted gData-helpdesk by phone, and they confirmed the problem, they're working on it. I was supposed to wait for the next newsletter.

Meanwhile I uninstalled gData 2008 again, and reinstalled gData 2007, without the firewall. Everything back to normal...

o.O Was it a new version? If so, you can do that, but you really should ONLY do that if they gave you permission in their correspondence. Alternatively, you could list your NEW version number (full version info available from their generic Help->About window) which fixed these problems you were having :D

It's good to see not all companies are lacking in support. Thanks for the update. Others who use GData will thank you later, heh

Im sorry.. I would upload the file but for windows 64bits the file doesnt work so Ill just put here the instructions and the links:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. After you have installed our software be sure to have the latest software updates - check this under "AntiVirus" -> "Actions" -> "Software-Update"

2. Download the following file:

- for 32-bit OS http://mirror01.gdata.de/dl_users/qs/BETA/18.6/gdwfpcd32.sys

- for 64-bit OS http://mirror01.gdata.de/dl_users/qs/BETA/18.6/gdwfpcd64.sys

and save it on your desktop.

3. Start your computer in safe mode.

4. Switch to the directory "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" and rename the file "gdwfpcd32.sys" in "gdwfpcd32.bak".

5. Copy the downloaded file into this directory and reboot your computer.

If the problem still occurs please reboot into safe mode and delete the new file and rename the old *.bak back into *.sys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the delay but Im in college and with tons of paperworks to finish

Archived