Please read.....Corrupted Files!

phantom1

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie on this forum, already did a bunch of searching and reading but haven't found a topic with the same problem that I'm having so I'm posting this new topic. I've read all the rules and I'm not asking for help on any specific downloads or the site, I'm just trying to figure out if there's something wrong with perhaps my "settings" or something else.

I joined the forums on the particular site that I'm referring to and posed my question there, however, they kept trying to tell me that the problem was (had to be) on my end, so now I'm here looking for help.

The situation is this. I've download numerous torrents from this particular site, but, I'd say on average, approximately 40% of the torrents that I've downloaded, upon opening say "file corrupt"!!! The entire download being totally worthless and a fair amount of time spent downloading *wasted*!!! While I may not be a rocket scientist my common sense tells me that "if" the problem was on my end, NONE of the torrents would have been any good. However, I must admit that on a lot of the files/torrents that I downloaded and ended up being corrupt, no one else that had download the same torrent was complaining about the file being corrupt, which leads me here because common sense just doesn't seem to apply in this situation. Can ANYONE tell me what in the world is going on??? LOL

All things considered, I'm finally beginning to believe that in fact the problem *is* on my end and just maybe, it has something to do with improper setting of utorrent. Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated!!! Feel free to email me if you'd like.

Thanks much!

email: fair.winds@yahoo.com

Have you tried forcing a recheck on the corrupted files? What router are you using? Additionally...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Ultima....I've "forced recheck" nearly all corrupted files, still no good. The router is a Linksys. Will get those files and run them as soon as I get a chance. I appreciate your advice Ultima.

Firon.....if you read my posts, you'll notice that I "have" run checks and everything in the PC is working perfectly. Need I say more?

Thanks again!

Archived