Connection problem

freestyler

I have the following errors on a torrents when I try to download

[11:59:51] UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying.

[11:59:57] UPnP: Unable to map port 10.108.1.20:42937 with UPnP.

I-m using utorrnet from work and I suspect the network here to be the problem, however maybe you guys can help me

Thanks!

Your work's networking hardware may simply not be Microsoft Window XP's (or Vista's) UPnP-compatible. If that's the case and the message saying UPnP port forwarding failed bothers you in any way, just disable UPnP in uTorrent.

Keep in mind that at work, even if you're allowed to use BitTorrent software that the network and internet connection are probably a highly shared resource...so put uTorrent's settings lower than you might otherwise...and disable extra features that generate extra traffic, such as DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Resolve IPs. Also don't use anywhere near 100% of the internet connection, or everyone's connection at your work will suffer. It's even a good idea to set max Global and Per-torrent connections much lower than Speed Guide (CTRL+G) suggests for any given upload bandwidth.

Are you sharing a T-1 line perhaps, with ~1.5 megabits/second (~180 KiloBYTES/second) max speed in both direction?

I've disabled upnp port mapping and other stuff, but still dowes'n work, i've tried with proxy as my berowser connects through proxy to the webpages but still doesn't work

I'm thinking that I don't have any ports open, just those for web, proxy

The port forwarding test failed every time, even when I tested with the port my proxy uses

Archived