Incomplete Downloads

laqueesciousb

I download videos (mostly .avi) and it says it's been downloaded 100% and goes to seed. When I open the file to play it's obviously not 100%. Had this experience from several different sources, and only in the past two days. Not sure what to do, or why this is happoneen. Maybe it's not Utorrent? Clueless here. Need help very much.

100% in uTorrent (when fully downloading, i.e. no SKIPPED files) means you are exact from source. If you are seeing an obvious incomplete file make a notation to the uploader or on the torrent itself. If there are viewing settings/instructions read them. Including information about which player you use may also be helpful, but as long as you have the codec the player is really personal preference.

Yeah, bittorrent is nice because it integrates verification INTO the download while you do it. So it's a guarantee you're getting what they're putting up. If your download is popular more than likely it's already been pointed out certain things to do to alleviate the problem :)

Good luck.

Archived