Alternative to uTorrent

ahukcorn

Hi,

I'm looking for other alternatives to uTorrent which will be compatible with my Internet Security (Panda Internet Security 2008) so that I can operate both together.

I've tried BitTorrent and Ares and Limewire seems to be a bad idea because of viruses.

Does anyone know any others, or where I can find upgrades for uTorrent (I've tried 1.7.7 and the Beta one already)

Thanks

You download uTorrent from http://utorrent.com/download.php

You got a suggestion in your other thread... People use Comodo and Outpost .. in all cases be sure it's configured correctly. I'm not sure if people ahve reported getting Panda to work with uT, some guides for various firewalls are @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=7862

I too am running Panda and have been doing so for 4 years without any problems, but now I have gone onto Vista uTorrent is forever freezing and not responding. Going by Firon's comment he's expecting us to change our security system just to use uTorrent, which planet is he from?

Just maybe they should change uTorrent to suit our Panda and Vista, uTorrent worked fine on XP Pro but since I went onto Vista Ultimate it just won't work at all. If you do find an alternative ahukcorn let me know.

Regards Plug

We just wanna exclude Panda as the 'culprit'. If you uninstall Panda and suddenly it works then you we know you can't use both together on your system. If you wanna go with Panda and refrain from using µTorrent we understand. But we don't know for sure if its the two or something else causing the problems.

The truth is that unlike most internet applications a BitTorrent client such as µTorrent makes use of hardware in an intensive way. A lot of connections to the internet are generated and (even with a cache) files are constantly accessed and written to while µTorrent is active. The fact of the matter is that this behavior combined with some security software and some windows mechanism can result in problems. And although the problems seems to be caused by µTorrent its simply a convergence of circumstances.

We can help you by recommending security software that is more likely to be able to handle the this and not run into problems. And maybe there is a BitTorrent client out there that works in a way that somehow doesn't cause your specific problem (although that is less likely but certainly possible). Its your choice which way to explore. We just try to help determining the problem.

Archived