slow speeds

tumeke

• Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar

green

• What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Checking port 50000 on 60.234.217.1...

OK! Port 50000 is open and accepting connections.

• What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent) xxx/384k upload 35kB/s

• What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent)8

• Operating system installed ) xp

• Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

nod32 have made utorrent exception

• Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

dynalink rta220

• ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

Orcon nz

• Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

3800down 132 up

Utorrent was working pretty good until xp reinstall now is well slow help please

have patched tcp thing sorry cant remember its proper name.

cheers

You're stuck behind shaping hardware :/ Try limiting your settings even more drastically as suggested in the sticky (Read Me in my signature)... Try at different times of day and week to get a "map" of speeds.... it doesn't look like an OS problem so you don't "need" to reinstall to fix this. THe main problem with it being ISPs is they don't usually disclose practices of network management readily, and even then you may need to talk to 3 or 4 people to get someone to admit what you actually experienced is happening.

Also from what i've HEARD being you're down there in NZ you're lucky you get any speed... it could simply be something like a "shaped due to exceeding your quota" or a limitation of your ISPs agreements with the fiber partners it connects with. I didn't see many posts about Orcon :(

Archived