Torrent checking?

jwenn1908

I kicked the little reset button on my powerstrip about an hour ago and knocked out my computer's power.

Now my torrents are all "checking"

The problem is that only one has made any progress over the last hour and it seems to be stuck around 50%

Is there any reason it would be doing this? The torrents are pretty large, but I would think they would have at least started checking by now.

Well, it's been quite some time now, and my torrents are still checking. The only progress that has been made is the one that was at 50% is now at 70%.

Is there a reason this has taken so ridiculously long? I've done checks before, but they finished relatively quickly.

Speed tab -> Disk Statistics, how fast is it going? you want to multiply hash operations / sec * hash size (piece size for the currently checking torrent)

... If you're over external that could be slowing, same if you're highly fragmented/full drive... and if you only have 1 computer. Alternatively Process Explorer shows Disk IO per process just double click the item in the list.

• 2 months later...

In your initial post you indicated that you thought the torrents should have at least started checking.

Be aware that uTorrent only checks the files sequentially so only 1 will be actively checking at any given time. The others will remain at 0.

I've recently learned that you can pause a check by pressing the pause icon. It may go on checking the paused torrent for several seconds without starting another but this is apparently normal and you just have to wait it out. Don't click on stop or the check will be resumed from 0.0% when you re-start it.

The strategy I use is to pause all the torrents being checked and then re-start them in order of smallest to largest so that you can get as many torrents active as quickly as possible.

Archived