did everything for port forward range and still slow connection

pianoman7777

If by shutdown you mean disabled, firewalls will normally remain hooked even when disabled. The only way to be sure is to remove it entirely. What software are you using? Did you set your static IPA outside your routers DHCP range? On your router, what's the first half of your Internet/WAN IP address, according to the router?

i mean the windows is completely disabled and the avast anti-virus is just disabled.. not shut down... i re-did my own static ip address manually so idk how to see if its a DHCP OR NOT... and the first part of my router ip is 192.168.2.180...ok now i just disabled the netBIOS settings so i guess that makes my static ip outside my DHCP.. if thats not how i get my static outside then how do i do that?

Are you sure? I don't mean the IPA for getting on to it, I mean the routers Internet IPA. If that is indeed it, then you have a second router, could be a modem with a router in it. Did you configure that too? And what is it (make/model)? What's the routers gateway address? Also, what static IPA did you choose?

well my static ip for my computer to the router is 180 so it cant be the DHCP....

ok here is wat it says on the stats page in the iternet section on my router

Login Type: Automatic Configuration - DHCP

IP Address: 192.168.1.96

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254

DNS 1: 192.168.1.254

DNS 2:

DNS 3:

MTU: 1500

if that helps at all

Well, routers also double as firewalls, and there's sometimes a USB port, SO.. look up your modem on portforward.com if you need. I recommend setting your Linksys to bridge mode first, in connection type on the setup page. This will make it so you only have to forward one router, not two. Also, our Linksys router is kinda crappy.

Archived