Hell no; we won't go! Stubborn torrents that refuse to seed.

garyknowz

Greetings!

I'm been a uTorrent user for a few years. Ergo, that I'm coming here for the first time is good news suppose (I can usually figure thing out fairly well). Nevertheless, I am here today with a conundrum.

My torrents were seeding fine yesterday, however, due to a PC crash a few weeks ago, I decided to try do my uploading from an external HHD instead of risking another PC crash. I copied the files over and plotted the new download location—everything worked splendidly. However, the transfer rates were a bit slower than I'm accustomed to, so I changed my plan of attack and decided to go back the old set up and use the external as just a backup device instead. I mimicked the same procedure I had earlier yet with dissimilar results. While one file is seeding fine, the rest refuse to acknowledge the force-recheck. I did just about everything I could think of. I went back to torrent site and downloaded the tracking files for the torrents. I made certain the files are complete and in the location designated—still nothing. It files seem to be refusing the recheck and when I "start" the torrent, it tries to download again. Why it tries to download, I don't know because when I tried it from the torrent website, it says that: "The torrent I am trying to add is already in the list of torrents." And indeed it is.

Right now it just says stopped. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Regard,

Gary K.

BTW, I'm using the new 1.8 beta version.

That was the weird thing---they were in the same folder with the data files.

However, fiddling around, I decided to complete remove and reinstall the links and they are running fine now. I was just wierd not having to do that when I transfered them to the external HD, and even more so that one file seeded normally.

But then again, the world of computering rarely goes as expected.

Thank for your swift response.

Gary K.

Archived