Faster upload speed better the download speed?

mikenogo

Im confused, im downloading big file about 7gb, it has good amount of seeds connected, but Im getting a really slow speed because im using Rogers right now, my router is DI-524 from Dlink.

I tried everything, port forwarded, set the settings and everything, still slow speed.

the thing is my upload speed is faster then my download speed which is wierd..

My upload speed atm is always 10-15 kb/s faster then my usualy download speed, which is around 40-60kb/s it jumps between these numbers.

should i limit my upload speed? if so, how do i do it? im using 1.8 utorrent beta btw.

thanks.

Are you running forced encryption, and allowing unencrypted connections? Have you tried lowering connected peers per torrent? How about time of day affecting your speeds?

Rogers and in-general all .CA isps hate customers who fileshare :P Actually they just hate their customers because it's a blanket block on bittorrent/filesharing :(

i have encryption to enable, not forced, and since rogers blocked all encryptions i don't see how this will make any difference at all, and how do i know im allowing unecnrypted connections?

how do i lower connected peers? so lower peers connected the faster?

day and nights i haven't really checked but right now i think it is same.

For what it's worth, I'm using a DI-604, and I just got a huge increase in my download speed: I'd had U/L set to unlimited, because that seemed like the right thing to do, but my D/L speed wouldn't go much over 30 k. I happened to check the "Speed Guide" in uTorrent, and was surprised that it suggested setting U/L to 9 k max, so I tried that. Now I'm getting D/L speeds up to 156 k. This is with Telus, DSL, out where the buses don't run.

So, definitely try limiting your u/l speed. If 1.8x is like 1.7x, it's under Options/Preferences/Connections. Or use the Options/Speed Guide to set things up as appropriate to your connection.

Archived