Open containing folder where folder doesn't exist => C:

dal987

utorrent 1.7.7 XP Pro SP3

If the torrent is 'Finished', the folder containing downloaded has been moved, but neither the torrent nor the data has not been deleted, Open Containing Folder opens explorer on C: rather than giving an error message.

I'd suggest an error message

'Folder does not exist or has been moved'

would be more appropriate?

Hmm, interesting-- here's more now I've got yr reply:

If I rt click Open Containing Folder and the target is not found, but would be something other than a rar (sorry, can't recall);

- the FIRST time I try, I get explorer opening on C:

- the SECOND time I try the same thing (with the explorer window still open) I get the error message.

If I rt click Open Containing Folder and the target is not found, but would be a rar;

the original target destination opens in DOPUS. I never get an error message in this case.

(I have DOpus as a file manager/explorer replacement).

If I set explorer as my file manager, the same thing occurs, except in the second case explorer opens.

If that shouldn't happen, which would be reasonable, and I should get the error message, what should I do? uninstall/reinstall?

utorrent is installed in D:\Programs\Internet.... and the target is I:\....

Hi, thanks a lot; I've tried disabling all context menu entries with ShellexView; while this (perhaps not surprisingly) did not affect C: being opened where the containing folder did not exist, I did discover that

Directory Opus Shell Execute Hook

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3CF9ECE0-1A9F-11d2-8C73-00C06C2005DE}

Directory Opus Shell Execute Hook

being enabled or not is what makes the difference between Open Containing Folder using explorer or DOpus.

I'll try a couple of other things when I've time.

Archived