Seeding question

SINZAR

I've noticed that with certain trackers I just seem to upload more to them than others. For example, right now I'm downloading from tracker A and the file has 1 seeder and 13 peers, 8 of which I'm connected to. I'm downloading at 100kb/s and uploading at 40kb/s. I'm downloading 2 other files from this same tracker and again with minimal seeders I'm uploading speedily on all 3 files. This is normal for this tracker. However with basically every other tracker I seem to rarely upload, or can't get descent upload speeds on them. Even when I'm not seeding anything on that tracker I still can't get high upload speeds on any other tracker.

For example, on tracker B I'm seeding a file with 93 peers, 0 of which I'm connected to. In fact I've only uploaded 192kb's in 2 days on this file. It just seems like there's preferential treatment towards one tracker over the others.

Is there any tips or settings I can take a look at to try and even out the speeds to other trackers. I'm using ver 1.7.7 on win xp.

It can also be due to your ISP blocking "unwanted foreign ips" to your connection if they're BitTorrent traffic.

Lots of the larger ISPs like to keep BitTorrent traffic inside their network (read: ONLY to other ips/people using their ISP)...this may not be all-or-nothing, as some (such as ComCast) allow tiny numbers of foreign ips while others may allow more.

Try my 2nd and 3rd links in my signature.

Archived