Pause all transfers for xx minutes

oliversl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this would be an awesome feature!

lazy feature? what? are you kidding me? if that's a lazy feature then I have no idea what the RSS Feader is... uT devs should make everything manual in that case. this lazyzness stuff is just an excuse to not put it in. ask most people who use bt a lot and they would love this feature.

I agree, there is no such thing as a "lazy feature". Calling a feature a "lazy feature", is too relative.

I hope someone see the light and implement this useful feature. Thanks

im a newbie in this world of torrents n stuff. hmm my question may sound real dumb, but i NEED to know abt this - i can switch the system off for sometime n then switch it on n the dowload doesnt have to be done again, right?

Yes, you can. Utorrent won't start downloading again.

• 8 months later...

this is a very handy feature, my computer works like a server for downloading and seeding (especially) so i find precious every minute that my connection is being used to share my releases, i get very upset when i pause the torrent to watch some videos on youtube and i remember some hours later that i forgot to resume the transfers.

it might look a lazy feature to some people as you can manually change the scheduler to do that and then change it back. but it is not very pratical if u just want to watch some videos or surf nicely on the web for a while

EDIT: so... is this officially rejected?

How can I put it... ermm. OK:

I registered for this forum, only to say I WANT THIS FEATURE. This is something I would need like 10x a week.

no, not hard enough. I don't think you guys understand how urgent I need it.... mmmmh, let me think... ah, I have it:

I would change back to Azureus if it would have that feature! That's how hard I want it!

seriously!

Um.. how's this sound.. Ok:

I dont think you realize quite how much time/effort it takes to code some things and that getting it done in a way that is easy for everyone to be able to figure out isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Also, is it that difficult to just download at night while you're sleeping?

Cant forget that the feature request is 2 and a half years old and still not done, so it (most likely) wont be happening any time soon if it does at all.

• 2 months later...

Great feature. I

Most of the time I use the UTorrent at full speed, obviously to download th file faster. for just a minute I need to go into some page or download some fole on the web, then I pause all torrents but I forgot to resume... some times until the next morning...

I wonder Why it has not been implemented yet.

By the way... Thanx for your software UTorrent team...

• 1 month later...

I too want this feature. I have to pause all my torrents every time I do anything which uses a considerable amount of bandwidth like youtube any videos or sometimes even while surfing some sites with a lot of pictures and many times i get frustrated when i see my downloads still paused when i check, sometimes even a day later. I hate it even more when my sister pauses it and forgets to unpause.

A simple right-click on the taskbar icon then pause with a timer (or at least something similar which can do the job) would be a huge bandwidth saver.

i dont see how 100 bytes extra on 260 kB will bloat utorrent and i think its worth the bandwidth many people can save.

• 4 weeks later...

Great Idea I didn't know it is everybody's problem, I need this feature because I usually pause utorrent to do my work but I forget ro resume...And when I wake up in the morning I realize that my computer was on but nothing was downloaded!

I think It could be very easy to implement this feature, It could be like the upload or download limit menu in the system tray and the options for the time in the interface options...

• 1 month later...

Archived