why the red arrow icons with all downloads! please help newbie!

bigegg1

I'm a newbie too. I was wondering about the same thing. Yesterday all of them were green and today a lot of them are red. I think it may have something to do with the amount of seeds, because the green ones all have plenty of seeds and the red have none, zip, zero, nada. I hope someone can let us know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Everything I have now has a red arrow. It started yesterday. I've been using utorrent for a year or more and have never experienced anything similar.

I downloaded a torrent from open office as Firon suggested and that gives me a red arrow also.

Basil

I think I have solved my problem and am posting this in case it could be useful to others in the future.

I run a program called Anvir Task Manager Pro. This is a replacement for Windows Task Manager and allows one to do all manner of clever things including delaying the start up any programs one selects. This speeds up the boot process by delaying the start of programs that aren't necessary to be used immediately. The delayed programs then load in the background.

I had delayed the start up of utorrent. Then I downloaded an upgrade, but, the upgrade didn't find itself in the start up list so it added itself.

So, I think what was happening was that utorrent was loading at start up and then loading itself again with the delayed start up from Anvir Task Manager Pro. Then it started interfering with itself, as it were.

Anyway I removed one of the start up entries and all is now well.

I'm not 100% sure that the above is the reason for my arrows having turned from red to green and blue but it might be.

Basil.

Archived