Incredibly slow speeds!

gfxl

Hi, I've always suffered slow speeds from torrents. Just recently I sought to solve this issue.

I've tried pretty much everything I could find.

-I'm using the latest version of utorrent

-ports are forwarded and everything is green

-tried downloading openoffice, and speeds ranged from 2kBps-15kBps (2mbps connection).

-DHT is disabled

-I've tried tweaking the preferences

-All torrents are slow, seeds or no seeds.

-I tried doing the ISP test and here's what it says:

Is BitTorrent traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 6 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 17 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is BitTorrent traffic on a non-standard BitTorrent port (4711) throttled?

* The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 2 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 1 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all downloads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP download on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 6 Kbps while a TCP download on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 2 Kbps. You can find details here.

The speeds in the test results are incredibly slow yet it still says that it found no problem. I don't know what to make of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Also I am running Windows XP SP3, I don't think that service pack 3 is the problem though. And I forgot to mention that I have no trouble seeding. I usually max out my upload limit.

Yes that's the first thing I did. Here are my settings:

Upload Limit: 15kB/s

Connections: 50

Max Active Torrents: 2

Upload Slots: 3

Connections global: 50

Max Active downloads: 1

Encryption is enabled

I also noticed that I can't even look at websites while utorrent is running. I get an error saying "connection interrupted". It goes away if I close utorrent.

set the limit to 10KB likey your connection is 128kb (16KB upload) uploading to fast or your router is not very good

most likey your ISP sucks the speed tests he got is 6kbps max 17kpbs (thats 0.2kB/s speeds)

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 6 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 17 Kbps. You can find details here.

There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads.<< lol test must of taken an day to compleat at that low speed

to me there strate away your ISP looks like its messing with your connection when BT is in use

what ISP are you useing

Yeh I know then again, I can get over 256kB/s download with my 2mbps. It goes to about 280kB/s.

Anyways the fastest internet in my country is 10mbps and it's quite expensive. So unfortunately that's not an option.

Archived