Woes of Vista

MrOreo

So I'm running 64 vista business, with 4 GB mem, AMD X2 4000+ CPU with a 300 GB hard drive for starters.

This is the breakdown I have had to do to get torrents working. I don't know if there is an easier way and I haven't found someone else' post that is similar to this. I have to have uTorrent closed when I download torrent links from the internet. It will pop uTorrent open and then accept the file.

BTW if I do this while I open as Administrator it tells me that I'm running uTorrent already and I have to close it when I try to download the torrent.

Back to the story. So I finally get it on, but then I get errors on the files, my theory is, I don't have access to editing the files while it's not on administrator mode. So I have to close uTorrent then re-open as administrator for them to download. Is there anyway that I can do this without continuously opening and closing uTorrent each time I find a new torrent?

Are you saving to %PROGRAM FILES% or %APPDATA% ?

Is there a reason you don't want to run uT in elevated mode or as Admin?

As far as running already.. when you close and open uT does the resume get saved (are all data saved between sessions)? What error comes up? What is the command line for the shortcut you use to launch uT? Which shortcut are you using?

I am saving to Program Files,

I want to run in elevated mode/admin but when i try to add a torrent from a link on a website it tells me utorrent is already running, as if it's trying to open an unelevated utorrent.

When I re-open all the torrents are there and resume so there are no problems there. Error message I am not sure but let me get it for you. I have had a new problem started up this week. It's in the troubleshooting section. I tried and I couldn't get it to open long enough without freezing to get you an answer on the error. It's just the Red X.

Ok,

So where do you suggest I store the torrents. I currently am running low of space on this partition of my hard drive. I'd like to store the data on the other hard drive. Is vista just going to be a pain or is there an easier way to store without dealing with all the permissions errors. Maybe a solution could be trying to figure out how to make torrents open uTorrent as administrator.

Archived