Does deleting bad downloads make me a leecher?

jaimepremy

If I delete a bad file (fake, virus, etc) my share ratios for these will forever stay low down... wouldn't this give me an undeserved leecher reputation? Not sure how this works. I mean I'm more than willing to seed good downloads, but not the bad ones.

Thank u for your attention

Jaime

If it's on a private tracker, I suppose that could be problematic. This can be thought of as a flaw in private trackers unless they compensate for modded torrents. The act of removing the torrent itself for bad contents is acceptable however. To compensate for recorded ratio though, upload on other torrents.

If it's not a ratio restricted tracker though, don't worry about it.

Stopping a garbage torrent is the opposite of leeching...because it means you can be uploading something useful instead in its place.

There is also little point in having lots of torrents seeding at once if your connection is slow. Spreading upload too thin is WORSE than only uploading 1 or 2 torrents at a time. You can use queueing + advanced settings for minimum upload speed for seeding torrents (in v1.8 beta) to keep your upload maxed out without having to constantly watch it.

Too many or too few upload slots per torrent can also reduce how much you upload. Too few and you'll be uploading to extremely slow peers (dial-up maybe?) so you're not maxing out your upload speed. Even the "use additional upload slots" feature is slow to respond, so it's best to set upload slots per torrent close to optimum.

Too many, and each gets <1 KiloBYTE/second each...plus lots at once actually means less TOTAL speed due to the overheads of running so many at once. That still leaves a pretty big range you can use and not have problems.

Archived