A LITTLE problem

zazzy

Hello everybody,

Please, don't let me be misunderstood. Trying several BitTorrent clients, I found obviously utorrent is the best. I reinstalled windows several times. The problem is that when I download something, the performans of the machine is dropping down. I don't mean when I'm downloading with 8mB/sec. I mean that machine is slowing critically even when I'm just uploading with 300-400 kB/sec. Very strange, but the CPU usage is under 10% and in the same time the machine doesn't response. Hard disks are in red light permanently. The only way out is just to shut down utorrent. With BitComet the problem is almost the same with the difference that if I shut down BitCimet by force the problem vanish immideately, in utorrent problem persists some 1-2minutes. I see sometimes "Disk overloaded", tried to reduce Up/Down speed, but the problem remains. How can I avoid this?

Not really my cup of tee, but till someone else pops in, what are your system stats and RAM usage? Have you tried 1.8 with Windows caching disabled? And can you provide an HJT log and PE w/ DLL list of µT log as specified at the bottom of this thread? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

...maybe an anti-virus being stupid? What AV/Firewall are you using? Are your controllers in PIO mode? Do you have any Disk/Atapi errors in the Windows Event Viewer?

Archived